Job Title: Senior Carpenter – Custom Residential Construction
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Centaur Interiors is a boutique firm specializing in turn-key bespoke solutions for residential interior renovation. We are committed to delivering innovation, precise execution, extraordinary design, and superior customer service to each client. Centaur Interiors has transformed living spaces ranging from traditional to timeless to modern, with the common thread: their uncanny ability to respond to the market demand with an eye toward complex detail and refined execution. As a very process-oriented group, the Team executes to perfection their state-of-the-art procedure. Centaur Interiors has quickly earned recognition as an industry leader in interior remodeling.
We are seeking an experienced residential construction Senior Carpenter whose tasks will include performing work in the field and helping to manage the successful completion of all projects. The Senior Carpenter (SC) will help to coordinate all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to assist in completing the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality of craftsmanship, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Additionally, they will maintain the job site office and closeout projects. They will actively work on site to complete construction tasks as a normal member of the field labor team. They will report to assigned Project Manager.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Senior Carpenter:
- Helps to coordinate and supervise all construction activities
- Helps direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications
- Completes layout per plans for all items to ensure specified drawings will work
- Identifies and solves problems creatively and efficiently
- Double checks all work (internal/subcontracted) to minimize errors
- Coordinates with building management/engineer as necessary
- Orders materials with Interiors driver, PM
- Coordinate material deliveries on-site with shipping company/building management; receives material deliveries
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office
- Communicates with PM on issues regarding field labor, deliveries, building management, schedule
- Perform on-site construction duties as a member of the field labor team
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- 5-7+ years of residential construction experience
- Skilled tradesmen
- Framing (metal & wood studs)
- Drywall (hanging, taping, finishing)
- Finish carpentry (trim, base, crown)
- Cabinetry/millwork details
- General knowledge of trades
- Low voltage
- Accurately read & comprehend plans, details, specifications, and apply to the project
- Engineer and sequence details as shown in plans for best/most efficient finish
- Implementation of technology on site (Apple products, limited paper)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- A self-starting, highly motivated individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Multi-lingual individual a plus
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org