Join the Team: Seeking Asst. Project Manager
Centaur Interiors is seeking an Assistant Project Manager – Custom Residential Construction for our Chicago office. This person will be responsible for assisting the design team in designing high-end interior residential spaces.
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager – Custom Residential Construction
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Centaur Interiors is a Chicago-based boutique firm specializing in full-service custom renovations and luxury residential interior design ranging from single-family homes to high-rise condos. With more than 100 years of collective experience, CI’s dynamic team is a diverse group of specialists dedicated to providing creative problem-solving, expert project execution, clear and honest communication, and first-class service at every level. We’re driven by a commitment to professional integrity, uncovering new possibilities, innovating in the fields of design and construction using the latest technology, and approaching the most challenging projects with positivity and enthusiasm.
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager (APM) for customized residential remodeling construction projects. The APM will be responsible for assisting the project management team with overall construction of interior projects assigned. The APM should possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and clients while helping to direct the site superintendent, field labor and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the building rules and regulations, contract documents, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the project managers (PM) for projects and fulfill an integral role on the project. The APM must be professional, possess a desire to learn, and be committed to projects, the overall objectives of the office and self-development within the company.
• Assist in the preparation of the project schedule*
• Assist in the review of the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems*
• Assist in creating the project budget*
• Assist in assembling the job site office and equipment requirements
• Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team and client as well as effectively lead the trades.
• Expedite reviews of all shop drawings and approvals
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining the project construction schedule, budget and details via integrated construction management software*
• Help to create agendas, attend job site meetings to review the status of the project and receive new information in order to proceed with work
• Prepare and issue minutes of all site meetings
• Inform the PM of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the consultant’s design drawings
• Assist in creating and executing project change orders; maintain current CO logs*
• Create, execute and manage subcontractor agreements*
• Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced
• Assist in issuing monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultants and clients including final holdbacks as required*
• Track daily logs on projects
• Assist with communications and management of scheduling with high-rise building managements
• Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control*
• Help lead field labor team to efficiently complete work on site
• Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of Centaur Interiors’ directly owned equipment on the job site in conjunction with site staff
• Assist in the control and monitoring of labor, material and equipment expenses
*Indicates items that will require additional training but will remain a goal for phase two of learning the Assistant Project Management position. These will remain goals for the end of the first year of employment.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes and abilities:
• 1-2+ year’s experience as an Assistant Project Manager (or similar support role) on custom residential construction projects
• College/university degree or study concentration in a construction-related field preferred
• Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts
• Accurately read and comprehend plans, details and specifications, and apply to the project
• Proficient in construction management software (Viewpoint)
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project
• Implementation of technology on site (Apple products, limited paper)
• Excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• A self-starting, highly motivated individual
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
• Multilingual individual a plus
• Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious
• Analytical, with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
• Friendly and outgoing with social contacts
• Works easily with others
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please note: In an effort to protect our employees and customers and their families during these unusual times, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment with Centaur Interiors. This means all individuals must be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after their second shot for a two-dose vaccine such as Pfizer or Moderna, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson & Johnson) to be employed with Centaur Interiors. Of course, we are willing to consider requests for accommodation on an individualized basis. Any medical information will be kept confidential.