Job Title: Working Superintendent/ Sr. Level Carpenter – Custom Residential Construction
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Centaur Interiors is a boutique firm specializing in turn-key bespoke solutions for residential interior renovation. We are committed to delivering innovation, precise execution, extraordinary design, and superior customer service to each client. Centaur Interiors has transformed living spaces ranging from traditional to timeless to modern, with the common thread: their uncanny ability to respond to the market demand with an eye toward complex detail and refined execution. As a very process-oriented group, the Team executes to perfection their state-of-the-art procedure. Centaur Interiors has quickly earned recognition as an industry leader in interior remodeling.
We are seeking an experienced residential construction Superintendent/Senior Carpenter, whose other tasks will include performing work in the field. The Working Superintendent/Senior Carpenter coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required, as well as performs a variety of high-level rough and finish carpentry tasks. Field experience is essential as a rough/ finish carpenter who is extremely proficient in project layouts from concept to completion. This includes maintaining the highest quality of craftsmanship, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects. Actively works on site to complete construction tasks as a normal member of the field labor team. Reports to Project Manager.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Working Superintendent/ Sr. Level Carpenter:
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Completes layout per plans for all items to ensure specified drawings will work
- Identifies and solves problems.
- Double checks all work (internal/subcontracted) to minimize errors
- Coordinates with building management/engineer as necessary
- Orders materials with Interiors driver, PM
- Coordinates material deliveries on site with shipping company/building management; receives material deliveries
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Communicates with PM on issues regarding field labor, deliveries, building management, schedule
- Perform on site construction duties as a member of the field labor team
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- 5-7+ years of residential construction experience
- Skilled tradesmen
- Framing (metal & wood studs)
- Drywall (hanging, taping, finishing)
- Finish carpentry (trim, base, crown)
- Cabinetry/millwork details
- General knowledge of trades
- Low voltage
- Accurately read & comprehend plans, details, specifications, and apply to the project.
- Engineer and sequence details as shown in plans for best/most efficient finish.
- Implementation of technology on site (Apple products, limited paper).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starting, highly motivated individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Multi-lingual individual a plus
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Please send your resume to email@example.com