Job Title: Project Manager – Custom Residential Construction
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for customized residential remodeling construction projects. The PM will be responsible for the overall construction of interior projects assigned. The PM must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the Site Superintendent, field labor, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the building rules & regulations, contract documents, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the client/project leader for a project and fulfill an integral role on the project. The PM must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Assist in creating the project budget.
- Assist in assembling the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule, budget, details via integrated construction management software.
- Create agendas, host job site meetings to review the status of the project and receive new information in order to proceed with work.
- Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings.
- Inform the Consultant/Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Create and execute project change orders; maintain current CO logs.
- Create execute, and manage subcontractor agreements.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultant and client including final holdbacks as required.
- Track daily logs on projects.
- Communicate and manage schedule with high-rise building managements
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Lead field labor team to efficiently complete work on site.
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of Centaur Interiors’ directly owned equipment on the job site in conjunction with site staff.
- Control and monitor labor, material and equipment expenses.
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- 3-5 years experience as a Project Manager on custom residential construction projects.
- College/university degree or study concentration in a construction related field preferred.
- Must have understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Accurately read & comprehend plans, details, specifications, and apply to the project.
- Proficient in construction management software (Viewpoint).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project.
- Implementation of technology on site (Apple products, limited paper).
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starting, highly motivated individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Multi-lingual individual a plus
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others.
Please send your resume to email@example.com