Job Title: Design Assistant – Custom Residential Construction
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Centaur Interiors is a boutique firm specializing in turn-key bespoke solutions for residential interior renovation. We are committed to delivering innovation, precise execution, extraordinary design, and superior customer service to each client.
Our residential development brand (The Collection) is a product where we purchase unique high-rise units that we are able to transform into a top tier move-in ready home. These are customized to exceed the expectations of our clients and their lifestyles.
We are seeking an Interior Design/Interior Architecture Assistant interested in custom high-end residential experience. This person will be responsible for assisting the Design Director and Design Associate in designing high end interior residential spaces. Assisting in field measuring and site verification, drawing assistance in AutoCAD, managing project documentation and meeting with vendors to manage and organize the design resources/library are primary focuses of this position. Reports to Design Director.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Project site surveying and documentation of existing site conditions
- Update current/updated specifications/cut sheets & project schedules
- Assist in the creation of and edits to Drawing Sets:
- Create, detail, and modify blueprints.*
- Submit drawings for approval to ensure that the design meets building codes.*
- Draw up floor plans, sketches, and renderings.*
- Utilize computer software to create drawings, renderings, etc.*
- Communicate with Design Director and Design Associate to ensure all details and drawing modifications are completed as planned/directed
- Assist Director, Associate & PM’ s with obtaining information and files as required
- Create project binders & maintain them with updated content
- Create project closeout manuals for clients
- Meet with Vendors to procure samples, update sample inventory that represents our brand
- Update project Dropbox and server files as required
- Administrative tasks including: package preparation, filing, Design library and showroom organization and sample pick-ups and returns
To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Attendance for 2-3 years at an accredited interior design or architectural program
- Knowledge of the current design trends of:
- Lighting (recessed, surface mount, LED)
- Plumbing fixtures
- Wood Flooring
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit (or similar)
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Studio Designer experience a plus
- Willingness to learn and be open for constructive feedback
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving ability.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Organized with a systematic approach to tasks, achieving accuracy and efficiency.
- Basic drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts, works well in a professional environment, and is open to suggestions during the design process.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Work with current Centaur Design Director as her primary role will be to facilitate and be the point person on this information. Double check information on documents and give creative & technical feedback as needed for developing plans.